Monday, April 20, 2009

What do you have on draft?

It's difficult to imagine getting so excited about such a boring event, but I always look forward to the NFL draft. For one, it's a nice break from an otherwise boring month of April. And, like most NFL fans, I'm interested to see which players my team will select and listen to a lot of pointless analysis about, not only the players but where they were drafted. 

It also means, that, after this weekend, we won't have to look at Mel Kiper or his hair for about another 11 months. OK, yes, he'll be all over ESPN next week commenting on the draft and handing out utterly meaningless draft grades. But his air time will diminish significantly compared to what we've been subjected to the last few weeks. 

As much as so-called "experts" like Kiper tend to annoy me, I've enjoyed the addition of Todd McShay to the ESPN draft coverage. He's not as irritating or pompous as Kiper, and rattles Kiper's cage a little.

When I watch the draft for about 10 minutes on Saturday (right around the No. 9 pick), I'll be interested to listen to those two bicker. 

1 comment:

Scott Barrett said...

The Patriots have a bunch of picks, and they obviously need to get younger on defense.

Any one of those linebackers from USC would work, and to be honest, I wouldn't mind if they picked up a decent running back. I don't ever see Laurence Maroney being an impact player again.