Thursday, November 5, 2009

Boiling over the Bronx Bombers

Like most Red Sox fans, I was rooting for the Philadelphia Phillies during the World Series. Unlike most Red Sox fans, I wasn't rooting against the Yankees.

Listing to sports talk radio today, I'm finding it almost laughable that Sox fans are bitter that the New York Yankees won. Why? This one guy was flipping out about how the Red Sox would have won it had "they not been screwed by the umpires against the Angels."

Buddy, get a grip.

Yes, I'm a Red Sox fan, but I'm not like most. The bulk of Red Sox fans have gotten spoiled, thanks to two World Series titles. Can't they just be happy? Nope. They have whine about the Yankees winning (or buying, but that's another topic for another day) their 27th world title.

Sure, I hate seeing Derek Jeter celebrate, and the mere notion that Jorge Posada was spraying champagne all over the locker room last night makes me want to puke. But it ends there. I can accept it, and I say "next year will be our year." Just like how it used to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh please.....don't judge ALL Red Sox fans by the few numbnuts who call sports talk radio....get a clue