Monday, December 21, 2009

Randy responds ...

Well, sort of.

The New England Patriots receiver, who was accused all week of "dogging it" against the Panthers last week (after a win, no less), let his play do the talking on Sunday against the Bills. He caught five passes for 70 yards and a touchdown.

After the game, Moss addressed the media. And that's an understatement.

"Ya'lls had all two weeks to do your talkin', not let me do mine," Moss told reporters. "You know it's been really a tough couple of weeks, but you move on, you know. That's the nature of the game. So I'm happy that we got this victory.

"I appreciate all of the support from my true fans, the players, the coaches, my family and loved ones," he continued. "I've been in this league 12 years and I've been through a lot.

"These shoulders I have on my body, you can put the Earth on it. So just to let you know, I bounce back."

Then, without taking questions, he left the podium.

You know what? Good for him. I would have done the same. I couldn't believe the "dogging it" talk was still being talked about on Saturday morning. Maybe it was a slow week, or maybe the media just sometimes goes too far.

If the latter is the case, I hope they get on Wes Welker, who caught just four passes for 40 yards and had a few drops, much like Moss the week before. But you know that won't be the case. Welker is the media's little darling, while Moss simply marches to the beat of his own drummer. And that doesn't sit well with the media.

So they write about him negatively. No wonder he rarely talks to reporters.

No comments: