Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Dare to bare



(Keep your pants on, Diego ... seriously)

Diego Maradona, the former Argentinian soccer player known for his "Hand of God," may soon be synonymous for another body part in the near future. Now the coach of Argentina, No. 7 in the most recent FIFA rankings, Maradona said Wednesday he would run naked through the streets of Buenos Aires should his team win the World Cup.

If you've seen the 49-year-old coach these days, he's not exactly in playing shape. I know one team I'll be rooting against when the event begins next month.

Speaking of the World Cup, this is really the only time you can get me to watch soccer. The Beatiful Game is beloved throughout the world, but like most Americans, I find that watching a meaningless match can be like pulling teeth.

The World Cup is different. Every game means something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the World Cup.....it really helps me with my insomnia