Thursday, October 1, 2009

Cut T.O. some slack

But only a little. We all are familiar with the sordid history of Terrell Owens, and everyone assumes it's only a matter of time before Evil T.O. rears his ugly head and starts trashing the Bills organization, and his teammates. But that day is not yet here, and reporters covering the Bills have no business trying to accelerate the process by baiting Owens with loaded, leading questions.

By now, Owens' post-game comments are pretty well known. He avoided questions about his frustration level and the play calling.

"I'm just going with the plays that are called," he said, over and over.

And that was about as well as he could have handled these idiotic questions. Nothing controversial, and nothing that could be twisted or taken out of context to be perceived as controversial.

There's no doubt reporters, and fans outside Buffalo, want to see the next T.O. implosion. But be patient. It'll come. The questions Owens faced on Sunday were inappropriate and had nothing to do with the game. No one would ask Wes Welker or Reggie Wayne those kinds of questions after a loss in which they had no receptions. Why? Because those guys aren't characters like Owens is. And if Owens isn't making noise on the field, he's expected to do so off of it.

But the fact is, Owens is a past-his-prime receiver on a bad football team. Why are people paying him this much attention?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

"But the fact is, Owens is a past-his-prime receiver on a bad football team. Why are people paying him this much attention?"


you're kidding,right?....They are paying so much attention because the media LOVES A SOAP OPERA........The current sports media is much more interested in DRAMA than actual games... SEE: Brett Farve, Spygate,Michael Vick,Plaxico Burress

Gold said...

I had a great time reading around your post as I read it extensively. I am looking forward to hearing more from you.

Josh Krueger said...

Ugh, more from the anonymous clown. Yes, the media (myself excluded) does love a soap opera, but they shouldn't try to create one. That's my point.

When T.O. does start freaking out, then I will understand the attention. But now, he's not doing anything on the field and not saying much of anything off of it. So there's no soap opera.

Rockville Maryland Compounding Pharmacy said...

I just can’t resist to be amaze with a writer who are truly exceptional for they articles that are really interesting to a blogger like me. I will not spend time reading an article when the topic is not important or has no the significant. You did a good job for always providing relevant and meaningful article.

Rockville Maryland Compounding Pharmacy

Dating in College said...

I definitely love to read articles because they provide endless information that will become knowledge upon acquiring. I will surely wait for your next post because your articles are interested and up to date. My endless support for your website and Thank You so much! By the way I am a college girl and I like this article so I will write on http://www.universityloveconnection.com

Gold Bullion said...

I really love to read some articles that have great positive impacts on its reader and benefit by reading such article. I admire these writers in sharing their views and or opinions that can enlighten the mind of the readers. Great Job and continue inspiring readers.

Hydroponics said...

Great writing!

Kosher Vitamins said...

Thanks for writing this!

Kosher Supplements

SEO Rates said...

I love to read articles that are very interesting especially those topics that are about financial matters, business and stock market conditions. It is good to read those posts for they broaden our knowledge about different issue concerning the business world. Thanks a lot

Hydroponics said...

I definitely to read interesting articles that cover different issues in our society especially those business and financial related matter for they keep me updated on the current situation of the stock market and business world. As a businessman we must be informed and up to date with the different business related issue. Thanks for the post and I anticipate more great articles in the future.

Hydroponics

Business Capital Loans said...

Thanks for writing about this. Nice reading along! I'll definitely be subscribing to your blog.


Business Capital Loans

Unknown said...

Great Post and wealth of information, we have college students that are in different classes and will pass your blog article on, as you cover the information great!
discount hydroponics

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great reading, we will follow your blog. Gasoline blog.

Gasoline

Learn SEO said...

Thanks for great information it’s a wonderful. Your site is very useful for me .I bookmarked your site!

Canadian Drugs Online said...

Great subject to talk about, we agree, as we were just talking about what things can happen in the medicine pharmacy industry. Also we will submit your article to our social network and our twitter, thanks and please post our comment, as we will put a link as well to dig your article. Thanks Will

college basketball news 2011 said...

I had a great time reading your article and I found it interesting.
This is such a beautiful topic that my friends are talking about. Thanks
for this blog, we are enlightened.