Thursday, December 17, 2009

Hitting on the NFL

PERFECTLY ANNOYING: As a Patriots fan, I'm starting to see how the other side lives. No, not the fact that New England is 8-5 and can only be considered an average team. But as the Saints and Colts get closer to completing perfect regular seasons, nobody can shut up about it.

So I'm starting to see how, maybe, it was a bit annoying two years ago, when the Pats finished 16-0 and the talk about the "perfect season" was everywhere. I didn't notice it then, only because I was in a complete euphoric state. Now, it's just plain old lame, especially because I loathe Peyton Manning.

SILENT OWENS: As the Patriots prepare for the Bills this weekend, I noticed that Terrell Owens hasn't been his usual loudmouth self this season. It could be that his numbers have dropped off as he plays in a stagnant offense, or that his team is one of the worst in the NFL. Still, it's been quite nice, don't you think?

RIP CHRIS HENRY: It just came over the AP wire that Bengals receiver Chris Henry died this morning after falling out of a pickup truck on Wednesday. I'll be honest, when I first heard he was "seriously" injured after what appears to be a domestic dispute, I didn't give it much thought. He's always been, and figured to always be, a trouble maker, having been arrested multiple times since 2005.

But no matter how much of a bonehead he was off the field, stuff like this puts things in perspective. Godspeed.

No comments: