Thursday, March 18, 2010

The NCAA tournament, defined

When the NCAA passed the rule that players had to spend at least one year in college, I figured the rich would get richer and the George Masons of the world would become a thing of the past. And I know it's early, but through the first few games here today, the little guys have been giving the top teams a run for their money.

Villanova was tested, Sam Houston State is all over Baylor and Murray State leads Vanderbilt. Good games all around, which is what this tournament is supposed to be.

On another note, CBS really needs to come up with something better than one channel and regional coverage. We have one game, and while I'm very interested in what's happening in Providence, I'd like to see other games, too.

CBS should do what NBC does with the Olympics and put games on all sister stations, if they have any. Not sure on that one.

3 comments:

SheilaM said...

I was just saying the same thing about sister stations ... but does CBS have any? NBC has MSNBC and CNBC, ABC has ESPN, CBS has ... a definite need!

SheilaM said...

On Cox 135 (low-def, unfortunately), they are showing highlights, interviews and will pop into games.

Josh Krueger said...

Yeah, I'm not sure either if CBS has any sister networks. A quick Google search revealed nothing. When does their NCAA broadcast deal expire?

I can't watch sports in standard def anymore. I tried watching the URI game last night on ESPNU, and it was awful.