Thursday, March 18, 2010

Not worried one bit

As I sat at my desk at The Daily News yesterday, I pondered over who to pick to the championship: Kansas or Villanova. I wanted to be a bit different than Josh Krueger, who picked the Jayhawks, so I went with the Wildcats, a Final Four team a year ago.

I figured their late-season slide would wake them up for the tournament, but things aren't looking good. They're down six at the half. Still, this has been a second-half team all season long, and my champs WILL get out of the first round.

After that, no promises.

7 comments:

SheilaM said...

Go St. Mary's!

Josh Krueger said...

Bold statement. The No. 2 seed in the South Region WILL beat a team no one outside of Pittsburgh heard of before Selection Sunday.

Since I've got no money riding on this tournament, I'm rooting for Robert Morris to pull off the stunner. Crazy upsets are fun.

SheilaM said...

By the way, Scott, your Gators are letting me down. I can't believe even you didn't pick them!

SheilaM said...

(and St. Mary's is Steve's upset pick of the tournament)

Scott Barrett said...

They shouldn't even be in the tournament. I'd rather see URI than another mediocre big-conference team.

Josh Krueger said...

Scott didn't pick UF to win its first game? What's that about?

SheilaM said...

At least Florida took it to OT (unlike Notre Dame)