Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Celtics vs. Lakers: Does it get any better?

The first thing I heard upon walking into the newsroom this morning was an NBA finals prediction.

"Celtics in six," news editor, former sports editor and all-around Celtics nut Harvey Peters said.

I've decided not to make a prediction on the series, but I will admit that I'm not nearly as confident this year in the Celtics as I was two years ago. The Lakers have gotten significantly better - with the addition of Ron Arest - while Boston, which has played amazingly well in these playoffs, have gotten older ... that's a fact.

I will say that the key to the series will be Ray Allen, offensively and defensively against Kobe Bryant. He'll need big games and need to hit big shots in order for the Celtics to win. Rajon Rondo also will need to be the same player he was in the Cleveland series.

What do you think?

No comments: