Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Good possessions are nine-tenths ...

After watching Monday night’s debacle at TD Banknorth Garden, I think the Celtics are in for a series with the Magic. Yes, Orlando has the best player on the floor in Dwight Howard, but the Celtics are the superior team. That, however, was far from evident after a 95-90 loss in Game 1.

Trailing by as many as 28 in the second half, the Celtics cut the deficit to three in the waning seconds but couldn’t get that big stop or the big shot. On countless occasions in the second half, I found myself saying, “Man, that was a wasted possession.” On two straight trips down the floor, and likely to the chagrin of coach Doc Rivers, Boston settled for Rajon Rondo 17-foot jump shots.

That’s not going to get it done in the Eastern Conference semifinals against a team that won 59 games. Paul Piece had 23 points, but he and Ray Allen went a combined 9-for-30 from the floor. Allen was 1-for-7 from behind the arc.

The Celtics are still going to win the series (in another seven-game series), but the sooner they figure out that every possession counts, the better off they’ll be.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want not approve on it. I assume precise post. Especially the title-deed attracted me to study the sound story.

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Easily I agree but I contemplate the list inform should secure more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

hi there dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking for the sake of that exact make. The prices for the shoes were about 170 dollars on every site. But finally I set this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I really like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

When it comes to juicing, a very important factor that you want to be aware of would be the fact no matter how much money and operate you invest in it, you are doing a thing that is incredibly helpful to your overall health. You can find couple of alternative methods that you can normally intake the equivalent amount of wholesome nutrition. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Pro232rgram[/url]

Anonymous said...

Be hostile and assertive. You may unavoidably turn out discussing the price tag on your car, so don't be afraid to push a bit. Be ready to stroll outside the dealer should you aren't creating progress. Leave the offer on your own for a day or two, and then speak to the salesperson yet again. If they already know that you are likely to leave, they are more likely to take your offer or countertop-provide using a more reasonable cost. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Microecw2347[/url]