Wednesday, May 6, 2009

No. 4 in purple?

Allow me to preface this blog entry by making it clear that, as a Packers fan, I don't want Brett Favre to be the quarterback in Green Bay anymore. And I think most Packers fans feel the same. 

That said, Favre will be dead to me, and many of my green and gold brethren, if he signs with the Minnesota Vikings and plays with them in 2009. We'll feel more betrayed than Tony Soprano did when got the notion that his mom tried to have him killed. 

Last year was irritating, but the fact was, the Packers didn't want Favre and the offense did just fine without him (they had the NFL's eighth-ranked offense). And seeing Favre in a Jets jersey, while strange, wasn't inherently offensive. Plus, the better the Jets did, the better the compensation the Packers received in the trade with the Jets.

If he joins the Vikings out of spite toward the Packers, which seems to be his primary motivation, there can be only one reaction from Green Bay fans, and they'll make it clear on Nov. 1 when the Vikings visit Lambeau Field.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Scott Barrett said...

ESPN simply won't stop with the Brett Favre talk ... I'm ready to pull out my own eyes.

Rick Grosvenor said...

If somebody would just gouge out Favre's eyes, we'd probably stop hearing about him.