Thursday, March 19, 2009

A bunch of nailbiters here ...

It looks as though I'm about to suffer my first loss of the tournament, if Texas can hold onto its 14-point lead over Minnesota in the final two minutes. Michigan is struggling to hang on against Clemson in the final three minutes, and hats off to American, which put forth a great effort against Villanova but seem to be running out of gas.

And then there's my Cinderella, Akron. Down 50-49 with 11 minutes left. This is the one I want more than any other game in the entire tournament. LET'S GO ZIPS!!!

6 comments:

SheilaM said...

Sorry about the Zips, dude.

Scott Barrett said...

Just my luck! Then again, I'm 10-2 ... so can I really complain?

Anonymous said...

Akron, really? I'll take a Zag over a Zip anyday

Scott Barrett said...

I never really thought about Z vs. Z. What was the committee thinking? And seriously, how was Gonzaga a No. 4 seed. They seem like a novelty act that's a little old. .... like snap bracelets.

Anonymous said...

Did you see that dunk in the second half by the PG on Gonzaga? And a 4 doesn't seem too bad for them. Jerk.

Scott Barrett said...

Is he white? Was it any better than that dunk from the Wyoming guy? He sucks.