Thursday, March 19, 2009

The most annoying commercial award goes to ...

Right now, it's a tie for the commercial that's irritating me the most. 
The Howie Long Chevy commercials are really getting on my nerves. Howie, go ahead and enjoy your Chevy truck, but stop bragging about how it gets 21 mpg and belittling actors portraying owners of competing trucks. I'm not a truck guy, but I'll buy a Toyota before a Chevy (or any other American car, for that matter) 10 times out of 10. The difference is reliability.

Which brings me to the other frontrunner in the annoying commercial department. Bud Light. "The difference is drinkability." Translation: "You can drink it faster and thus, drink more in a given period of time, allowing your senses to dull to the point where you don't notice how awful Bud Light is."

3 comments:

Scott Barrett said...

Good call on both ... I like how Howie is making fun of the guy with the "man step." I think that's a pretty good idea, and Chevy likely does too, only it didn't think of it.

As far as the BL commericals, funny works, and what they're doing doesn't. Those commericals lack "watchability."

Rick Grosvenor said...

"Watchability," nicely done. But at least we haven't yet been subjected to the BL commercials with the guy drawing stuff in mid air with his finger. I want to slam that guy's finger in a car door.

AyK said...

I am definitely less likely to buy a chevy for fear of a Howie Long sitting in the back telling me how much storage space it has.

He's creepy, arrogant and annoying, and those commercials are incredibly misleading.