Friday, March 20, 2009

Going against my roots

If you don't know, I'm a Massachusetts guy. But I've been stung too many times by Boston College in the past, and I'm going with USC. Yes, BC plays in a tougher conference, but they always seem to choke in the tournament (didn't they lose to Pacific one year?).

Anyway, I need this win, Ohio State over Siena (Krueger picked the Saints) and Florida State over Wisconsin (Krueger's home state). And if Wake Forest loses tonight, I might as well just throw away my bracket.

12 comments:

SheilaM said...

Spelling police: against
Are you editing the Sports section tonight?
I took USC, too.

Scott Barrett said...

I didn't see the word agaisnt in that post.

Scott Barrett said...

Oh, in the title. Oops. Yes, I'll be putting out the Newport Daily News sports section tonight.

SheilaM said...

Nice one.
I took Ohio State, by the way.

Rick Grosvenor said...

I'm back like vertebrae. Please, Scott, you think I'm going to brag about being tied with you? I'm in it to win it. You think UConn bragged about beating Chattanooga yesterday?

Rick Grosvenor said...

And the difference between my five losses and your five losses is that none of mine are Sweet 16 picks. So it's just a matter of time before I pull ahead and pull away from you and Rick.

Scott Barrett said...

Until Louisville loses this game. Nervous?

Rick Grosvenor said...

Not at all. There have been plenty of lower-seeded teams so far that hang around for a while. It doesn't last, though. Louisville will win by at least 10.

Rick Grosvenor said...

I fixed your "agianst," by the way. All you have to do is click on the pencil and you can edit posts.

Scott Barrett said...

Edit, schmedit ... I've been at this far too long to be worried about silly mistakes.

SheilaM said...

Should I say something here?

Rick Grosvenor said...

I wouldn't bother.