Friday, March 20, 2009

We'd like to interrupt these commercials to bring you a game

I realize CBS has to get paid for this coverage, but the frequency of commercials is starting to drive me nuts. They go to commercial, come back, show 10 seconds of the game and then another commercial.

Or, coming back from commercial, Greg Gumbel will say, "We'll get you back to your game in a bit, but first let's take a look at," another game. Then they'll cut to that game just before a timeout and go to commercial again. 
What the hell?

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

It is very annoying. I don't want to multi task and watch pieces games. I want to watch Wisconsin!

Doesn't look good though Josh.

Scott Barrett said...

We're in tough economic times and even CBS has bills to pay. Do you know how much they're paying Gus Johnson per scream?

Rick Grosvenor said...

No, it doesn't. Wisconsin certainly isn't a comeback kind of team. Scoring lots of points is not their forte.

Cheryl said...

But if CBS irritates me by switching games and I don't watch anymore then they lose anyway. I'm probably in the minority though. I'll just follow the box score online.

Down by 12 isn't insurmountable surely. Not likely though.