Friday, March 20, 2009

Day 1 is in the books

After more than 12 hours, the first day of the NCAA tournament is finished. Following an 8-0 start to the day, I finished 14-2. My upset special, Akron, led at the half but couldn't pull it out against an obviously overrated Gonzaga team. Tenth-seeded Minnesota and Tubby Smith were within striking distance of No. 7 Texas in the second half but couldn't keep pace. Overall a productive day.

Because I know you're all wondering, my cohorts, Josh Krueger and Rick McGowan didn't fare nearly as well. Rick McGowan, after a very slow start, finished a respectable 12-4, while my co-blogger Josh, who bowed out a little early tonight, also went 12-4.

It's 12:45 and I'm headed for bed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I went 15-1 on the first day, just throwing that out there!! great first day and looking forward to a better day today!! GO BC!

liv said...

nice job, danny!
i only went 12-4.

Unknown said...

oh yea! you did good yourself!