Saturday, March 22, 2008

Big Big East

Is it me, or does the Big East seem like the cream of the crop in this tournament? Now I'm not going to say that a team from this conference is going to win the whole thing, but between Notre Dame, Georgetown, Louisville, Marquette, West Virginia, which is in the process of upsetting Duke, and Villanova, a middle-of-the-pack team that took down No. 5 Clemson last night, the Big East certainly has plenty to be proud of. The one exception to the rule could be Connecticut, which looked awful yesterday against No. 13 San Diego. Doesn't make Providence's two wins against the Huskies look that good, does it?

1 comment:

Rick Grosvenor said...

I was going to pick Louisville to go to the Final Four until they wound up in North Carolina's bracket. No way anyone's beating the Tar Heels in NC.
UConn is a joke, and I can't believe I picked them to win two games. Man, I'm stupid. But not as stupid as someone who might have picked UConn to win it all. I know we made fun of Matt Sheley yesterday, but it's worth repeating that he picked UConn to win the NCAA tournament. Nicely done, Matt.