Thursday, March 20, 2008

Carolina fans pull one over on Duke

In searching for Duke's year-by-year results in the tournament, I went to the one site I knew would have the most accurate information - Wikipedia. The Duke men's basketball page has the team's colors listed as white and Carolina blue. Think a UNC fan went on there and offered that information?

Anyway, since they won the title in 2001, the Blue Devils have advanced past the Sweet 16 only once, including last year's first-round lost to VCU. That didn't keep me from picking them to make the Elite 8 this year. Go Dukies!

5 comments:

SheilaM said...

I'm enjoying your research, anecdotes, historical references and classic-rock references so far, Scott.
BTW, I'm 7-1 in the office pool that I'm in, that curiously enough isn't at my office, but someone else's! Kent State was my only loss so far.

Scott Barrett said...

Never bet against Vegas ... that's what I've learned through life thus far.

Rick Grosvenor said...

That's the nicest thing anyone who's not related to Scott has said about him.

Scott Barrett said...

Hey, that guy calling me a homer was not related to me.

SheilaM said...

I suppose I should take it all back, then? Just like all those nice things you said about Belmont?