Friday, March 21, 2008

Day 2: Let's get it on!

Just because Day 1 of the NCAA tournament is in the books doesn't mean we're done blogging.
There aren't many attractive matchups in today's early games, but all four games are relatively close. Tennessee apparently is out to show that it ain't easy bein' a No. 2 seed, only leading American by 3. My Davidson pick (over Gonzaga) is looking OK with the Zags only up two and another of my upset picks, St. Mary's, leads Miami by five.
For some reason, I didn't pick any 5-12 upsets this year, but Western Kentucky is up nine over Drake at halftime. If only I'd remembered that that Hilltoppers' mascot is that weird, big, red Muppet-like thing, I definitely would have picked Western Kentucky.
Normally I don't pick games based on mascots, but that thing is funny looking and should be taken into consideration.

No comments: