Friday, March 21, 2008

BooooConn!

How cool does the San Diego kid feel right now? Having never been in that situation, I wonder how calm he was before that shot. He might as well have been.
If it were me, I'd be thinking, "We've got nothing to lose. No one expects us to win this game, so if I miss, no one will lynch me. On the other hand, if I make it and we win, we just beat one of the most ballyhooed teams in the country."
And yes, I believe that a lot of San Diego basketball players could use the word ballyhooed.

Then again, if it really were me, I'd probably get swatted or put up an airball.

4 comments:

Scott Barrett said...

Especially if I was guarding you.

SheilaM said...

I can't believe you just used the word ballyhooed.

SheilaM said...

All right, Scott, now get back to work!

Anonymous said...

Evidentially you haven't seen Josh play basketball. You wouldn't have to guard him. He shoots less than the 28% from the field the Austin Peay Governors did (yet another “weird” and not very intimidating nickname for a sports team) On a side note a local high school by my town is called the fighting pretzels!!