Thursday, March 20, 2008

Rick's distaste

Daily News sportswriter Rick McGowan, who has never been a big fan of the TV timeout, is having trouble posting but wanted to sure you all knew this take:

"Congrats to Xavier for advancing. But these marathon timeouts are annoying. With the X-Men leading Georgia 61-56 with 3:13 remaining, the three timeouts the rest of the way totaled more than six minutes. I could switch to the soaps and get more action - 4 affairs, 3 divorces, 2 hair-pulls - than I got during crunch time in this game. And it will only get worse once March Madness gets into prime time."

And who would have pegged Rick as a "All My Children" kind of guy?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really don't need a bench during tourney time mainly due to this reason... anyone else have the CBS b-ball theme going through their head?

Anonymous said...

Rick, I'd be happy to share Anonymous with you, since my login isn't working, either!
We'd have to work out a system of identification, though. Or do you think readers will be able to tell the angry white man from the angry Buffalo Bills-Syracuse female fan?

Scott Barrett said...

Yes, and it doesn't leave until "One Shining Moment" starts playing, and that is lodged until the Fox football theme starts in August.

SheilaM said...

Paging SheilaM ... hey, I might have figured it out myself! Know anyone who needs a tech assistant?

Scott Barrett said...

Well done, Sheila, but now I can understand why tech guys are such high-strung people.