Thursday, March 20, 2008

Poll question:

As the person who runs the office pool, is it OK for someone to say to you, 'Here's my bracket, but I don't have $5 on me right now. I'll get you back tomorrow."

Personally, this is a day you should be gearing for in early November, meaning by the time March comes around, you know to carry a fresh $5 bill on you at all times. Now keep in mind, sportswriter Josh Krueger is currently unpaid for The Daily News pool, so I know which way he's leaning. But I'm merely looking to get a broader view.

5 comments:

Rick Grosvenor said...

Dude, you know I try to avoid going to the office if I don't have to. You're more than welcome to come over to my house and collect, though. Just don't send any hired goons. At least not yet. I'm good for it, I swear.

Scott Barrett said...

Because I know where you work, I suppose I'll let it slide. Speaking of donations, can these be considered a tax write off?

Rick Grosvenor said...

Don't ask me about taxes. I know nothing. The one time I tried to do my own taxes, I fouled it up quite nicely.

Anonymous said...

BTW, is Rhode Island one of the states in which office pool are illegal?

Anonymous said...

Hired goons?